Strategy is the integrated set of actions an organization takes to build a competitive advantage. The global annual spend, including everything from IT to business strategy, reached about USD $415 billion in 2013. According to Michael Porter of Harvard Business School, a diversified company has two levels of strategy: business unit (or competitive) strategy and corporate (or companywide) strategy. Competitive strategy concerns how to create competitive advantage in each of the businesses in which the company competes. Corporate strategy concerns two different questions – what businesses the corporation should be in and how the corporate office should manage the array of business units. Eximius has the tools, experience, expertise, and insights to support clients in multiple industries through their strategic planning and management in the current global economy. We work collaboratively with clients, build lasting capabilities and help the organization mobilize for change.
Eximius’ strategy consulting expertise includes:
- Corporate Strategy: Corporate strategy is what makes the corporate whole add up to more than the sum of its business unit parts. Many companies lack a clear concept of corporate strategy to guide their diversification or pursue new ideas for differentiation from competition. We help clients in the following areas within Corporate Strategy –
- Portfolio Management – diversification through acquisition.
- Turnaround – restructuring of undeveloped, sick or threatened organizations, business units on the threshold of significant change.
- Value Chain – managing and building effective sharing/transfer of skills between individual business units.
- Growth Strategy: We help companies focus on growth in terms of revenue, cash flow and shareholder value—all of which are needed for sustainable, profitable performance.Achieving growth in the current global economy is complex and difficult. We help clients focus on growth in terms of revenue, cash flow and shareholder value in order to build a sustainable, profitable business globally. We pay special attention to the powerful economic forces that are likely to affect the global business environment in the next five to ten years.We work with C-level executives and senior management, stakeholders to locate and expand the strongest assets of their business.
- Emerging Markets: The markets in Asia, Latin America and Easter Europe have indicated double-digit growth and are home to most of the world’s population. We support multinational companies to engage in these emerging markets by conducting effective market research, due diligence and evaluation of competitive landscape.
Eximius has successfully and progressively engaged within the complex regulatory environment and worked with regulators, consumers and key stakeholders to provide its clients with a clear direction and communication strategy. We have supported clients in the following industries –
- Energy & Environment
- Life Sciences