Think your company could do a better job handling mergers and acquisitions (M&A)?
To prepare for the next wave of merger activity, these companies are making sure their teams are well-versed in M&A processes, roles and responsibilities, and possible roadblocks before deals are undertaken. While due diligence plays a huge role in M&A, the most difficult part of any deal is integration. This is where many deals that looked great on paper break down—often irreparably. Eximius can customize and tailor the solution which is a result of carefully developed strategy build by industry and regional experts. We support our clients during every step of the M&A process –
M&A Strategy: A well-thought out strategy can help companies navigate successfully through a competitive landscape, even in turbulent and difficult economic conditions. We have helped clients answer some of the key questions as they define their approach to M&A:
- Why is M&A important for me and which levers are important for me?
- What factors make the market or business attractive?
- How do I identify the untapped potential in developing and emerging markets?
- How do I standardize the M&A processes within my organization?
- How do I manage the change during the execution?
- What synergies can be achieved through M&A?
- Due Diligence and Market Research: It is important to generate and evaluate investment opportunities through detailed understanding of specific geographies and local industries. For more details about due diligence and market research click here.
- Integration: Merger of two companies requires extensive follow-through of integration tasks and understanding the blueprint of all aspects of the merged entities. Eximius has tailored the integration to support all types of M&A deals:
- Limited – The acquirer sees the acquired company as an addition to its portfolio.
- Dominant – Two companies combine to form a single large organization.
- Mutual – Merger of equals
- Divestiture – spin-off for one of the business units into a new entity.
We have supported clients in the following industries in M&A:
- Aerospace & Defense
- Energy & Environment
- Financial Services
- Life Sciences